Real Estate Purchase and Development
LGP’s attorneys are seasoned deal-makers with intimate knowledge of commercial real estate investments of all property types from having represented an array of purchaser, seller and developer clients in hundreds of commercial real estate investment transactions in Florida and throughout the United States. LGP’s real estate client base includes not only institutional and Fortune 500 companies but also private investment equity funds, family-owned holding companies, foreign national investors, real estate investment trusts, joint ventures, developers, property managers and consultants.
In every real estate purchase, development or participation, our real estate attorneys start by guiding their clients in choosing an investment vehicle and structure to best address investment goals, exit strategy and ever-changing regional, national and global laws and regulations applicable to investment in U.S. real estate and the particular property. From term sheet to purchase agreement to closing, LGP provides tailored solutions and contractual protections to meet the client’s specific needs and concerns as well as the property’s unique use and characteristics. LGP continues to work for its clients by observing best practices during the diligence phase in coordinating and conducting appropriate physical and legal inspection and investigation of the subject property to ensure that its clients are advised of any irregularities and issues necessary to make an informed decision on their investment. Once the client has made its final investment determination with the assistance and guidance of LGP’s professionals, LGP works with opposing counsel, the title company and all participant parties to ensure a smooth and timely consummation of the real estate transaction.
Representative Real Estate Purchase and Development transactions:
• Represent private equity fund in series of multifamily apartment complex purchases throughout South Florida.
• Represent privately-held holding company in purchase of distressed northern Florida REO multifamily complex containing 11 apartment buildings.
• Represent assisted living facility fund in structure, formation, private placement capital raise and acquisition of underlying facility sites across the U.S.
• Represent world-renowned auction house in purchase of New York City headquarters and assumption of $265,000,000 securitized mortgage loan.
• Represent private equity investor group in purchase of single-tenant triple-net retail property portfolio throughout Florida, Texas and the Southeast.
• Represent Central American real estate investor in formation of U.S. real estate vehicles and purchase of South Florida multifamily apartment complexes.
• Represent institutional joint-venture partner in purchase of land and construction of major metropolitan $200,000,000 mixed-use hospital, office retail and facility.