LGP’s commercial leasing practice includes representation of tenants and landlords in lease transactions involving retail space, office buildings, shopping centers, warehouses, industrial buildings and other commercial projects. We work with business owners, developers, property owners, and property management companies handling leasing matters for a wide range of uses from office headquarters to restaurants to art galleries and designer clothing stores in Manhattan and Miami. As counsel for landlord or tenant, we provide letter of intent review and feedback, handle lease negotiations, and analyze key lease terms such as proposed rent, lease duration, renewal options, build-out process, pass-through expenses and assignment restrictions to allow our clients to make the correct decision for their operational and business needs. We also assist tenants in reviewing and negotiating commercial property leases and resolving disputes and controversies. If litigation or arbitration becomes necessary in connection with a leasing dispute, we work with our real estate litigation group to advise and assist our clients on the most cost-effective resolution available.
Representative Commercial Leasing transactions:
• Represent Northwestern Mutual-Miami in negotiation of office lease with build-out for new Downtown Miami office headquarters.
• Represent gourmet pizza franchise in series of restaurant leases in New York City and the Mid-Atlantic.
• Represent California based law firm in negotiation of lease for New York City office in The Chrysler Building.
• Represent luxury clothing tenant in $20MM NYC Madison Avenue commercial retail lease with build-out.
• Represent national retail and gift shop services company in servicing and leasing transactions throughout the U.S. and other international locations.
• Represent Miami-based hedge fund in connection with South Beach office lease.