One of LGP’s core transactional competences consists of structuring and documenting secured lending transactions on behalf of its financial institutional, fund, and investor lender clients that are secured by real estate, business assets and other types of collateral. Since these transactions can be very complex, our legal team helps its banking clients and other lending groups to navigate the law, advises them of potential obstacles, and works to ensure that the client’s interests are adequately protected. Our team diligently guides its lender client contacts by helping loan originators choose and create the loan and collateral structure that best fits their goals and business parameters. We then draft and negotiate transaction documents with borrower’s counsel, perform diligence that protects our client’s interests and work with all loan closing participants towards a successful loan closing and funding. By taking a practical approach to complex lending arrangements with a comprehensive understanding of the constantly evolving loan market and market standards, our attorneys add value to any type of loan or credit facility transaction.
Representative Secured Lending transactions include:
• Represent lender in connection with $81,000,000 syndicated construction loan for development of major resort hotel located in Clearwater, Florida.
• Represent lender in connection with $43,000,000 construction loan for the development of Florida Keys resort condominium project.
• Representation of large institutional lender in connection with $30,000,000 restructuring and extension of revolving line of credit facilities to finance inventory purchases for national electronic equipment retailer borrower.
• Representation of large institutional lender in connection with $12,000,000 revolving line of credit facility to finance predevelopment costs for affordable housing projects.
• Representation of national bank lender in connection with $11,700,000 construction loan for the development of a golf course facility for a major Naples, Florida resort hotel.
• Represent lender in connection with several large syndicated construction loans to The Related Group of Florida.
• Represent lender in connection with a $52,000,000 syndicated term loan to owner of a major resort facility located on Longboat Key, Florida.