Real Estate Finance
LGP’s team of professionals regularly represents its roster of leading banking and financial institutional clients who make loans secured by real estate collateral as well as its buyer, developer and real estate owner clients who become the borrowers on loan transactions. Our group handles a wide range of such real estate financings including bridge, conduit, construction and permanent mortgage loans, as well as mezzanine lending and preferred equity investments involving a wide variety of commercial real estate properties and project types, including shopping centers, apartment buildings and complexes, office buildings, industrial properties and warehouses, and golf courses and resorts.
Our attorneys have specialized and extensive experience in serving as lender’s counsel and documenting real estate acquisition and development loans for numerous banks and other lenders. LGP’s knowledge in regularly representing these financial institutions, often in complex transactions involving several lenders and several properties, provides our clients with the expertise needed to close on their financing and our professionalism ensures the client’s business relationship will be preserved for future business.
We also regularly serve as local Florida counsel to law firms throughout the U.S. in addressing Florida’s unique state specific repercussions to real estate purchases and financings including issuance of legal opinion letters to lenders when required.
Representative Real Estate Financing transactions:
• Represent lender in connection with $43,000,000 construction loan for the development of Florida Keys resort condominium project.
• Act as Florida counsel to and REIT-controlled borrower in connection with $570,000,000 multi-state mortgage refinance of national hotel portfolio and issuance of Florida opinion letter.
• Represent regional Florida bank in $12,000,000 renewal mortgage refinance loan on Palm Beach County shopping center property.
• Represent lender in connection with $9,500,000 land acquisition loan and $6,000,000 construction revolving line of credit Loan for Florida mixed-use residential housing project.
• Representation of national bank lender in connection with $11,700,000 construction loan for the development of a golf course facility for a major Naples, Florida resort hotel.
• Represent joint venture borrower in $60,000,000 mortgage refinance of 30-acre commercial/residential park in Orlando, FL.
• Act as Florida counsel to Northeast-based lender in $22,000,000 acquisition loan secured by mortgage on central Florida franchise hotel and related assets.
• Act as special New York counsel and issue New York legal opinion in connection with $39,000,000 mortgage loan on Virginia mixed-use complex from NY REIT-subsidiary lender.