Labor & Employment
Today’s employers face many complex and challenging issues. The labor practice at Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo provides pro-active and strategic advice for private and public sector clients on handling one of their largest assets—employees.
Our practical and flexible attorneys understand the diverse nature of today’s workforce. We provide services in English and Spanish to ensure full coverage on issues directly facing employers.
Our clients are leaders in a range of industries, including:
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
We provide strategic advice that will help them shape resilient and enduring business practices.
The Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo Labor & Employment Group works pro-actively to comply with the myriad of local, state and federal laws. We counsel and advise our clients on their day-to-day workplace issues and train management on ways to avoid lawsuits.
In situations where legal action cannot be avoided, we offer a depth of experience that helps our clients minimize costs and expedite processes efficiently and successfully. We routinely defend our clients in administrative proceedings before local, state and federal administrative agencies, including:
- Department of Labor
- Florida Commission on Human Relations
- Miami-Dade County Commission on Human Rights
Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo handles virtually any employment issue for big and small, public and private companies, including:
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (English and Spanish)
- Disability Access/ ADA Title III Compliance
- E-Discovery & Records Retention
- Employment Counseling & Workplace Claims Prevention (English and Spanish)
- Employment Investigations & Audits (English and Spanish)
- Employment Litigation, including Class & Collective Actions
- Employment Training & Coaching (English and Spanish)
- Policies, Procedures & Handbooks (English and Spanish)
- Wage and Hour