Municipal Bonds and Securities
Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo has a long history of representing municipalities, counties, school districts, and other governmental units and financial institutions in municipal bond transactions, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, special obligation bonds and certificate of participation transactions. These types of transactions include initial funding of public projects, as well as refunding and defaulted bond issues. LGP regularly serves as counsel for municipalities and related entities including functioning as disclosure counsel, underwriters’ counsel, and bond counsel in municipal bond issuances. Additionally, LGP represents lenders in letter of credit-backed financings, private placements and tax exempt bond financings.
Representative Municipal Bond and Securities transactions include:
• Act as underwriters’ counsel in $600,000,000 municipal aviation authority revenue bond issuances to finance capital improvements of county aviation department.
• Act as disclosure counsel in $492,000,000 Miami-Dade County revenue bond issuance to finance costs of improvements to County’s water and sewer system.
• Participate in airport, seaport, industrial development, multifamily and single family housing, school district, solid waste, wastewater, sales tax, tax increment, and special obligation bond issues as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel or disclosure counsel.
• Act as disclosure counsel in $538,000,000 Miami-Dade County School Board certificate of participation financing.
• Act as underwriters’ counsel in municipal housing authority mortgage revenue bond issuances to finance single family mortgages for low to moderate income persons in Miami-Dade County.
• Representation of Miami Dade school district and on a wide variety of certificate of participation financings, including forward delivery, multi-modal, auction rate, capital appreciation, variable rate, and refunding transaction.
• Act as underwriters’ counsel in $75,000,000 municipal utility revenue bond issuance to finance the cost of additions, extensions, renovations and improvements to Miami-Dade County’s storm water management system.