Loan and Note Purchases
LGP has represented several of the best known U.S. financial institutions in the sale and purchase of performing and non-performing loans, B-notes and participations secured by all types of real estate, business and other collateral located in Florida and throughout the United States. LGP’s Corporate and Business group’s experience in representing lenders in loan origination matters and their familiarity with underwriting, loan due diligence, intercreditor and servicing issues, among others, is instrumental in consummating the loan transaction. Whether purchasing or selling a loan or loan portfolio, LGP’s attorneys provide the support required by the firm’s clients to address any concerns that may arise in connection with their loan investments or dispositions.
Representative Loan and Note Purchases transactions include:
• Represent publicly-held financial institution in sale of B-Note portfolio secured by mortgages on Florida multifamily apartment complexes to European bank.
• Represent REIT-subsidiary purchaser of $10,000,000 participation interest in Northeast shopping center
• Represent large financial institution in sale of $32,000,000 mezzanine loan to New York private equity fund
• Represent REIT in purchase of Florida multifamily mezzanine loan portfolio in excess of $50,000,000 from publicly-held financial institution
• Represent public REIT in connection with sale of $11,000,000 participation interest and servicing arrangement of mortgage loan on New Jersey office complex.